Generally there are few things to say:
- Standards are easier to get caps for
- ARTSEY is a one-handed keyboard system using 8 keys in a 2x4 layout. The system is designed to be easy to learn, comfortable to use, and fast enough for practical use.
ISO vs ANSI
A WKL keyboard, also known as a Winkeyless keyboard, is a keyboard that does not have the Windows (between left CTRL and left ALT) and the application (between right CTRL and right ALT) key.
In a standard WKL layout, the places of these keys are left empty with no other key to replace them.
While tenkeyless gets its name from 10 number keys on the Numpad, tenkeyless keyboards do not contain a Numpad at all, so they actually have 17 keys less than a full-sized 104-key keyboard.
Bluetooth vs ???
On/off vs controlled LED per key
Double-Shot vs Laser Engraved
ABS vs PBT Keycaps
|ABS Keycaps||PBT Keycaps|
|Wears Over Time||More Durable|
|OEM||The keycap profile you’ll find on most keyboards. Mass produced, considered standard. Angled top.|
|Cherry||Very similar to OEM profile, but shorter.|
|DSA||Slightly shorter profile with spherical top.|
|XDA||Medium height profile with spherical top.|
|SA||Tall height profile with slightly spherical and angled top.|
O-rings can be a good option if you want to dampen the noise and make your keyboard more quiet. O-rings can ruin the typing experience of your keyboard if you’re not careful.
- Microsoft Keyboard Layout Creator (MSKLC) (windows)
- AutoHotley automation scripting language (source) (windows)
- Best Keyboard Layout Editor (kbdedit) (windows)
- Unicode Keyboard Layout Editor Ukelele (macOS)
- QMK Firmware
- kmonad is an advanced keyboard manager (Linux, Windows, MacOS)
Online Keyboard Layouts
- Oryx is a Keyboard Configurator with which you can change what any key does. Use layers, dual-function keys, and all of the other advanced features offered by QMK. (for boards: Moonlander Mark I, Ergodox EZ, Planck EZ)