Super Mario World Widescreen HD
To play "Super Mario World" on SNES in Widescreen (16:9) do the following:
- Get ROM "Super Mario World (USA)"
- Get Vitor's Super Mario World widescreen patch
- Run FLIPS and click "Apply patch".
- Pick Vitor's Super Mario World widescreen patch.
- Select the "Super Mario World (USA)" ROM and give the new ROM a name e.g. "smw-widescreen.sfc".
- Note that .bso and .smc must have the same name and are in the same folder!
- Run bsnes-hd and open the pathed ROM.
- Use settings menu to optimze image quality.
To futher mod the ROM you can use these tools:
- Lunar Magic: https://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lm/program.html
- ROMPatcher: https://github.com/marcrobledo/RomPatcher.js/
- Asar: https://github.com/RPGHacker/asar
- SA1: https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases
Useful documents for understanding SA-1:
- SA-1 article at SnesLab: https://www.sneslab.net/wiki/SA-1
- SNES Dev. Book: https://www.romhacking.net/documents/226/
- SA-1 Registers: https://wiki.superfamicom.org/sa-1-registers
- SA-1 Doc: https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SNES-SA-1-doc/