- tiny8bit is a toolbox of 8-bit chip-emulators, helper code and complete embeddable system emulators in dependency-free C headers (a subset of C99 that compiles on gcc, clang and cl.exe).
- A list of fantasy consoles
- http://8bit-slicks.com/ a remake of the legendary 90s game for the Apple 2, Commodore 64, Atari 8bit, Atari Lynx, NES, and Oric 1/Atmos.
PICO-8 is a fantasy console for making, sharing and playing tiny games and other computer programs. It feels like a regular console, but runs on Windows / Mac / Linux. When you turn it on, the machine greets you with a commandline, a suite of cartridge creation tools, and an online cartridge browser called SPLORE.
- Pico Hardware: https://github.com/Neotron-Compute/Neotron-Pico
- Pico Software: https://www.lexaloffle.com/pico-8.php
- Cap Ride: Drive a train, forever, through a dreamlike land https://www.lexaloffle.com/bbs/?tid=41332 and https://powersaurus.itch.io/cab-ride
- Poom: Mars base, Union Aerospace Corporation experiments opened a portal to Hell. You appear to be the last human, fight your way out! https://freds72.itch.io/poom
- Pico CAD: picoCAD is a program to build and texture lowpoly 3D models https://johanpeitz.itch.io/picocad
- z-machine interpreter https://christopherdrum.itch.io/statusline
ZX Spectrum Next
Details on the Sinclair ZX Spectrum Next: https://www.specnext.com/
Play in Browser: https://rgb.yandex.ru/2020?lang=en#no-opened-game
- Wonderland: https://gitlab.com/strandgames/brahman/-/tree/master/zxnext_magnetic/games/wonder
- Hibernated1: https://8bitgames.itch.io/hibernated1
- Xeno-brigade: https://www.bitmapsoft.co.uk/product/xeno-brigade/
- Marbles Squared: https://remysharp.itch.io/marbles2
- get out: https://dickydodds.itch.io/getout
AtariSID like engine for the ZX Next: https://github.com/em00k/NextSID
- A web based N64 Emulator: https://www.neilb.net/n64wasm/
Super Mario World Widescreen HD
To play "Super Mario World" on SNES in Widescreen (16:9) do the following:
- Get ROM "Super Mario World (USA)"
- Get Vitor's Super Mario World widescreen patch
- Run FLIPS and click "Apply patch".
- Pick Vitor's Super Mario World widescreen patch.
- Select the "Super Mario World (USA)" ROM and give the new ROM a name e.g. "smw-widescreen.sfc".
- Note that .bso and .smc must have the same name and are in the same folder!
- Run bsnes-hd and open the pathed ROM.
- Use settings menu to optimze image quality.
To futher mod the ROM you can use these tools:
- Lunar Magic: https://fusoya.eludevisibility.org/lm/program.html
- ROMPatcher: https://github.com/marcrobledo/RomPatcher.js/
- Asar: https://github.com/RPGHacker/asar
- SA1: https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SA1-Root/releases
Useful documents for understanding SA-1:
- SA-1 article at SnesLab: https://www.sneslab.net/wiki/SA-1
- SNES Dev. Book: https://www.romhacking.net/documents/226/
- SA-1 Registers: https://wiki.superfamicom.org/sa-1-registers
- SA-1 Doc: https://github.com/VitorVilela7/SNES-SA-1-doc/